Panmure, located only 11km from Auckland Central, is earmarked as the future of Auckland. It’s been selected as the country’s first regeneration development which will see Panmure turned into a vibrant and colourful location, with new modern facilities and infrastructure, making it the hub of the Eastern suburbs.
Chosen for its location next to motorways and one of the countries biggest transport hubs, Panmure has quick access to the motorway and central city destinations.
Surrounded by some of the country’s most scenic natural assets – such as Mt Wellington and Panmure Lagoon, it offers a great outdoors lifestyle for those who want to keep fit and enjoy the green open spaces.
Panmure’s popularly has risen significantly over recent years with many young professionals moving into the area; with good access to the city and not far from the Eastern Bays making it a convenient and appealing area to live.
Under the Panuku Development Auckland which was given the go-ahead in March this year, the true value of Panmure will be unlocked as it is transformed into a high-quality urban neighbourhood.
This urban transformation will see 7,500 new affordable homes built in the area as well as the development of a new shopping precinct, walkways and cycle-ways and the further development of infrastructure and public transport links.
As one of the Spatial Priority Areas, significant investment and commitment will reinvigorate the area into an energising and vibrant place.
Panmure is the Auckland of the future!!
It is situated in a great central location with great access to Auckland City, employment hubs and weekend destinations via the motorway and public transport.
With a focus on housing, education, health and economic development Panmure will grow significantly in the coming years.
The Panmure town centre will be reinvigorated and turned into a lively and thriving main street with cafes, shops, a new community centre and a pedestrian-only civic space.
The plans also include improved transport connections and developing links between the community and the area’s natural spaces.
The population in the area is expected to double in the next 15-20 years – making it the new “go to” location with new housing, urban developments and the enhancement of its stunning natural features, all on the footstep of Auckland’s CBD.
Unlocking Panmure’s Potential:
- Reinvigorating the Town Centre
- Improving connections to and with the town centre
- A step change in housing will see 7,500 new homes built
- Sustainable Development to support the environment
- Walking and cycling projects for Lagoon Drive, Tamaki Estuary + others
This is your chance to be a part of a new and exciting time in the area’s development and shape the future of the region. As Auckland shifts into a leading global city and the transformation of its inner suburbs, there has not been an opportunity like this in Auckland’s history. Panmure is primed to be the next big thing in Auckland’s story and it’s your chance to be a part of that.
- Good access to infrastructure and public transport connections
- Strong community with a rich heritage and cultural diversity
- Unique location with access to stunning natural assets
- Affordable yet close to inner Eastern Suburbs
- With the completion of the City Rail Link in 2023, the frequency of the rail network will double. Trains at Panmure station will arrive every 5 minutes (during peak hour)
- Prime near-coastal location
- Growing young population
- Located on the bank of the Tamaki River and the shore of the Panmure Basin, locals enjoy a relaxed environment, just outside the city, while still maintaining great access to the CBD’s features and entertainment precincts.
- Lots of outdoor activities – walking, cycling, hiking and water sports are all within easy reach
- Family friendly – with swimming pools, playgrounds, library and school facilities
4.Infrastructure and Public Transport
Panmure has exceptional access to Auckland CBD by rail in just 16 minutes and it is close to major employment hubs and infrastructure.
Significant investment has been made in public transport with Stage 1 of the new Panmure Station completed in 2014. This saw a large upgrade to the public transport terminals making it now the fifth busiest station in Auckland.
Stage 2 of the upgrades will see a new busway completed to link Panmure with Pakuranga and Botany further extending its public transport connectivity in the east and south-east regions.
Panmure is a heaven for shopping. Sylvia Park, the largest shopping centre in Auckland, is a short 5-minute drive away and is within easy cycling and walking distance.
Botany Town Centre is not far away, and Newmarket is also easily accessible for shopping, cafes, and nightlife.
For beach and weekend activities, some of Auckland prime suburbs such as Mission Bay, Kohimarama, and the Eastern Bays are a short 10-minute drive.
You can follow all the updates via Panuku Development Auckland website